I’ve actually been tagged in this “award” twice. The first time was maybe a couple of months ago by Nat (my pardons for taking this long!), and recently by Joey. Thanks for the tag, guys! [PS I got inspired and handmade the Liebster Award image above!]
As is standard, here are the guidelines for the Liebster Award:
- Thank and link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer her questions
- Nominate 5 other bloggers
- You must come up with 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
1. Why did you start blogging?
I’ve been blogging for a very long time, and the reason I started was mostly because I loved writing and I wanted to share my favorite restaurant finds. Yes, I had first been a food blogger before I was a beauty blogger. I started beauty blogging because I recently got into makeup and skincare and nail polish and like the food blogging, I wanted to share my favorite finds!
2. What’s your favourite lipstick? (Yes, pick one)
This is really difficult! I would say any of the three featured in my Melting Horror post.
3. Lipstick, lipgloss, lip stain or lip tar?
Lipstick, and lip stain is a close second.
4. Cream or powder products? (blush, eyeshadow, foundation)
I don’t have much experience with cream products, so I’ll go with powder!
5. Do you change your makeup according to the seasons?
Here in the Philippines there are only two seasons: very hot, and very wet. I usually switch to powder foundation and a higher notch of sunblock in the very hot season, and go back to liquid foundation/bb cream in the wet season.
6. What item (makeup, clothes, jewellery, etc.) is #1 on your to-buy list now?
Lorac Pro Palette
7. The last thing you bought?
That would be Etude House Proof10 Eye Primer, which I spoke a little about in my last post.
8. The last book you’ve read?
I’m recently in a rediscovery of one of my favorite authors, Mercedes Lackey. I bought a few of the anthologies set in her world of Valdemar.
9. Red velvet or chocolate cake?
I have no preference between those two. It depends on the mood, but I like both of them! I would prefer either of these over any other cake types/flavors.
10. Cake or pie? (You can see how I am hungry as I type these things)
11. Cats or dogs?
Dogs! I really really love dogs, and would love to get more beyond my current baby, Zelda.
1. Why did you start blogging? Has it turned out to be what you expected?
Check out my answer to Nat’s first question. It did turn out mostly as expected, with the exception being my finding new friends in the beauty blogging community! It’s such a welcome surprise!
2. What is the story behind your blog name?
The reason as I stated above is to document my journey through beauty and makeup, and I thought the aim was to eventually become “sleek”. Hence the name. 😛
3. On any given day, what will we find inside your make-up bag?
I have two makeup bags – one that stays in my purse all the time, and one that I bring on days that I have not applied makeup at home. The contents of the former are pictured above: Pixi Magic Tink Tint in Happy Thoughts Pink, Pixi Shea Butter Balm in Ripe Raspberry, L’Occitane Hand Cream (almost empty!), Maybelline Clear Smooth All In One Face Powder, Calvin Klein Beauty sample, hand mirror. The pouch is from Tickles.
4. You will never leave the house without applying this make-up product….
Any brow product! I feel pretty bare without my brows drawn in.
5. What beauty product do you own the most number of?
I’m embarrassed to say, eyeshadow palettes. I seriously have too many! The photo above shows only the palettes I have in active rotation. And still I want more! Gah!
6. Skin Care or Cosmetics, which to you prefer to try out and why?
I’d say cosmetics. It’s really hard to test skin care, as it takes a long time to see results.
7. Who are your favorite Beauty Bloggers? Name 3.
This is really difficult to answer! I have a reading list of about 50 local and foreign beauty bloggers on both my rss feeds and wordpress reader.
8. Name a beauty brand you want to try but never got because it was too pricy.
Previously that would be NARS, but I recently got to try their tinted moisturizer. I guess I’ll go with Guerlain.
9. If you could travel the world, where is your first stop and why?
Tokyo please! I’ve never forgotten my trip there when I was 12. I enjoyed every bit of it! I’d like to go back and experience it again as an adult.
10. Who do you consider your makeup guru and why?
The internet. There’s loads of resources to learn how to apply makeup on the internet!
11. Tell me something unusual about yourself.
I’ve shared a lot of those in my last blogger tag. For something new, I’ve visited an ostrich farm in the Caribbean last year. It was very informative! I even got to feed ostriches!
My nominees [skipping Elaine and Rae since Joey already tagged them]:
1. Tellie of Beauty By Tellie
2. Victoria (Becs) of The Vee Side
3. Eula of Eula Sleeps
4. Kira of Elegantly Wasted
5. Carina of Softly Sometimes
My questions for the nominees: [I cheated and just copied my 11 questions from the Sunshine Blogger tag.]
1. What started you into makeup?
2. Dogs or cats? Introduce me to your baby!
3. What book would you recommend I read?
4. What is a quick perk-me-up that you do whenever you feel down?
5. What specific local makeup product would you recommend I try?
6. What is your night time skincare routine?
7. What is on the top of your beauty wishlist?
8. Last of the recommendations: what restaurant would you recommend I try?
9. What is your skill that you’re most proud of?
10. Coffee or tea?
11. What are your non-beauty hobbies?