This is my Halloween special! My inspiration for these eyeballs come from this great tutorial from The Bubbly Brunette. I did nothing new really, I just followed her instructions to the letter.
I used the following for this nail art: Dazzle Dry Base and Top Coats, Dazzle Dry Electrifying, White Lightning, and Forget Me Not, Girlstuff Twilight, BK Nail Dotting Tools and Striper Brush.
The steps are the following:
- Prep the nails with DD Base Coat.
- Paint two coats of White Lightning on the nails.
- Using the striper brush, paint short red stripes in a radiating pattern using Electrifying. This is going to be the blood vessels.
- Using the biggest of the dotting tools, put a big blue circle in the middle of each nail using Forget Me Not.
- Using a slightly smaller dotting tool, put a slightly smaller black circle in the middle of the blue circle to denote the pupil, using Girlstuff Twilight.
- FInally, using the smallest of the dotting heads, put a small white circle slightly off-center using White Lightning, to denote the reflection.
- Apply DD Top Coat.
Here’s the final look!
Not bad isn’t it? It looks much better in sunlight of course.
Check out the right hand. The blood vessels are thicker and straighter, because that’s all my nondominant left can handle!