After weeks of just swatches, I wanted to take a break and go back to nail art for a bit. I also wanted to put my new dotting tool to a test (bought last August). Here it is side by side with my old dotting tool (the one with the bent head). Both are by BK Nails, the new one is the one on the right on the first photo.
I just wanted a simple nail art composed mainly of dots. My inspiration is from this black and white nail art but instead I used greens. For this nail art I used Models Own Jade Stone as my base color, Dazzle Dry Me d’Forest Queen and Polar Jade for the dots.
The process is simple.
- Prep the nails using the Dazzle Dry Nail Prep and Base Coat.
- Put two layers of Jade Stone on all nails.
- Using the dotting tool with the bigger head, put three to four dots of Me d’Forest Queen randomly on all nails.
- Using the dotting tool with the smaller head, scatter many dots of Polar Jade around the bigger dots.
- Top with Dazzle Dry Top Coat.
Check it out. It’s quite simple, yet striking! In dimmer light the darker green of Me d’Forest Queen looks almost black.
I went a little crazy with the small dots on my right hand.
The sparkles of Polar Jade is more evident in sunlight.
What do you think? Simple, yet effective!